How to Overcome Depression (Not Funny)

This is not a funny joke but a true tactic used by Dale Carnegie to overcome depression. Read on to find out more.

Carnegie is a highly organized but sensitive person, and suffered moments of deep discouragement and depression. 

"But," he said brightly, "I figured out a mental trick for reinstating my usual enthusiasm for life and the job. I would deliberately imagine that I had LOST everything: job, property, reputation, family, everything I valued. I would sit in the deepest possible gloom. Then I would start adding up what I had not lost, which included that entire list in reverse; and presto the old  enthusiasm for the job was back and at a new high. Try that sometime. It really works," he said. 

Try it. It does work. No more depression, for you and me!

No comments: